Thursday, May 3, 2012

#Edchat Experience

I have not had the opportunity to participate in a specific educational chat for the second time. I have observed and briefly participated in many and throughout the day on #edchat, but have not had the chance to fully engage in the conversation. So, as the semester comes to an end, I have decided to reflect upon my various experiences on the different educational chats.

Throughout my experiences, I would say the most beneficial aspect that I have noticed about the chat is the amount of resources that I am able to steal from other people. I really enjoy reading other's tweets and the resources that go along with it, and then if I believe it is a valuable resource I will bookmark it in Diigo. I am not sure I have the time to look at all of the resources I have come across but they are bookmarked in my Diigo for later when I have time.

I do also enjoy the atmosphere of #edchat. At first I was somewhat nervous about participating and putting myself out there, but after a while I began to feel more comfortable. I suppose I have realized that most of the people participating are in a similar situation as I am, and they simply want to collaborate and discuss educational topics just as I do. It also helps when you know nothing about anyone else, and you are just having a discussion educator to educator.

Overall, I am very excited and anxious to be able to participate in more #edchats, whether it be #edchat, #mathchat, #ntchat, and many others.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way Brittany. Although my issue was being able to follow the cats since they move so quickly. I felt so slow in responding that I didn't feel like I really contributed. But I love being able to get ideas and inspiration from others. The chats have been the best part of twitter for me. Also check out the archives! This way you can see read old chats even if you are unable to participate in them.

    ReplyDelete