Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Math Methods Comes to an End



EDSS 543 A&B


Our last math methods course was last night and I did not think about it being the last class until we completed an activity at the very end of the class.





The activity we did, all 7 of us prestigious math teachers, was to write on the board everything we could remember about the entire year in the course. It was an enjoyable activity that brought about many memories, fun and not so fun. Around this blog are pictures of what we wrote.
Overall, it got met thinking about how great of a class this was. The teacher was great and very fun to learn from, Dr. Brian Lawler. I wish I could spend more time in discussion with him about teaching and mathematics. There is truly so much to learn from him. My colleagues in class were always enjoyable to be around and have conversations with about teaching mathematics. I feel I have learned so much from just taking this one class. 

Last night, I also presented an ignite speech to our class. Of course, if you know me and are a math nerd, you all know my presentation would be on Geometer's Sketchpad and it was. Some background it was a 5-minute timed presentation, each slide had to automatically progress to the next every 15 seconds. My presentation was a very good end to this entire year. It was so much fun! I sadly do not have the presentation readily available at this moment, but I will promise you that I will post it as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment