Wednesday, February 1, 2012

EDSS 531: Journal #1 What is it like to be a student in my class?


            I sincerely hope what I intend for my students to feel within my class is the same of what an actual student in my classroom would feel. In relation to Clinical Practice I, I felt as though my students felt as though they were learning or rather they were interested to learn the content. I hoped I found ways to create lessons and activities that were brought interest to the content. In other words, I feel as though my students felt productive within their learning. In a single class period, a student was able to understand what the goals of the particular day was, what they were to be focusing on, and/or what assignment(s) they were to complete or be working on. From this, I hoped my students would feel organized in their learning.
            Apart from specific learning, as a student in my classroom I would feel comfortable in the classroom. As a teacher I attempted to be approachable and open for my students for them to come to me for any of their needs, not just from the classroom. Anytime my students asked for help I made my best effort to be available towards my students. Most importantly, I overall hoped my classroom was a positive place! I was constantly keeping up on this positive atmosphere by complimenting and using positive comments towards my students.
            At my clinical practice last semester, Rancho Buena Vista High School, I felt as though students would pass through day after day in the same manner over and over. My experience was that of a friendly campus, however, with the large size of the student body, I also felt as though there were a large amount of students that were getting lost or being ‘invisible’ to the rest of the campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment